My name is Mrs Gina Brown and I am the school's Welfare and Attendance Officer.
School is an important part of the local community and your child spends a lot of time here with us. It is therefore important for you as parents to have someone that you can contact if you need advice and or to offer support.
I am here to help you with any worries or concerns you may have about your child. It can be about school, home or anything that impacts on family life. Worries get much, much bigger if you keep them to yourself.
|Family Welfare Support:
In my role I am able to help and support with:
- Making a link between home and school creating supportive relationship
- Any worries you have about your child in school or at home
- Supporting with parenting strategies / tips.
- Offering advice on how to support your child with home learning
- Offering advice in areas such as housing, benefit support and school transfer documents
- A friendly ear to listen to any worries you may have – you are not alone, we are here to help.
All children’s attendance is monitored in all schools.
- The Department for Education (DFE) states that you can only allow your child to miss school if they are ill, or if you have advance permission from the headteacher.
- We are here to help and support you. Phone the school and tell Mrs Brown why your child is absent and when they are likely to return.
- If you have any questions about attendance or punctuality or concerns regarding your child’s attendance and punctuality- please call Mrs Brown or a member of the School Office
You can also contact me by calling the school office and asking for me or you can email me directly at: